Monday, December 8, 2008

Aggies vs. Cougars...and an old man



John and I had the opportunity of attending the USU vs BYU mens basketball game this past weekend. However, since John obtained the tickets through his school, we were seated in the BYU student section. If you don't know, I'm a huge USU basketball fan and will be until the day I die...it's basically the only sports team I even care about. Well, seeing as I was in cougarville, I decided to make it well known that I was cheering for the Aggies! I must admit, I get quite a kick out of cheering for the opposite team as everyone around me. Even before the game began I was cheering for my team. The looks I got from everyone were absolutely priceless! Some of the other students around us asked John how we met since it was clear that we were cheering for different teams...and some even asked how we make it work, lol! Well, about ten minutes into the game, I noticed that the old man seated in the row across the isle from me seemed quite perturbed that I had the audacity to be sitting in the BYU section and cheering for the opposing team! Well, he decided to make sure that I knew how he felt. He then began to stare me down! At first I just thought he was glaring at me for a moment...but then the moment lasted for a good minute while there was a time-out. Even after I looked him straight in the eye he continued to stare me down! I turned to John, not knowing how to handle this. John told me to just ignore him, but I decided to have some fun with it instead. So I cheered even louder to make it known that I was loyal to my team. Needless to say, I enjoyed the game immensely. I should have thought more quickly and taken a picture of the guy while he was staring me down, but I did get a picture of him later on while he was paying attention to the game, so here you go. And just an FYI, the look in eyes was incredibly scary...


As a side note for all you Cougars out there, yes I know that BYU defeated USU in this game, but you have to admit that it was a close game and therefore a fun and interesting game. USU definitely needs to work on its 3-pointers and rebounds. But at least we have loyal fans that have fun at the games! (And yes, I lost my bet with John and had to buy him dinner, oh well.)

3 comments:

Garrett and Rebecca said...

Bet you didn't think we would comment on your blog. Love the story. And you designers are all the same. Becca has the exact same background on our blog. uncanny isn't it.

Sarah or someone like her said...

That's funny. And you look super cute in that picture, by the way. Did you get your hair highlighted recently?

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

I wish Dan and I had been able to go to the game! It was so close! I'm saddened that I missed the one sports team at USU that can hold their own. Bummer!

You look way cute in your picture!