Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh the technicalities!

I received an interesting phone call today informing me that I won a drawing! I never win ANYTHING!! So you can imagine that I was quite excited to hear that of all the names entered in the drawing, mine was actually pulled out! The lady told me she just had to verify the my information was correct. Our conversation went something like this:

Prize Drawing Lady: It says here that your last name is Rich, is that correct?
Me: Yes.
Prize Drawing Lady: It also says that you are over 25, is this also correct?
Me: (regretfully) No, I'm 23.
Prize Drawing Lady: Well are you married or engaged?
Me: Yes, I am engaged.
Prize Drawing Lady: Is your fiance over 25?
Me: (regretfully) No, he's 24.
Prize Drawing Lady: Well, I'm sorry but you have to be at least 25 in order to be eligible to win.
Me: Just out of curiosity sake, what was the prize I could have won?
Prize Drawing Lady: You had a choice of either a car or a shopping gift card.

Dang it! Dang it! Dang it! Why can I not just have lied and said that I or John was 25?! Darn conscience!

4 comments:

Sarah or someone like her said...

Meh. I'm telling you now, it wasn't the real thing. I'm sure there were some kind of stipulations and things you had to participate in/buy, etc. This happens all the time.

Katie Rich said...

Hi Liz! Sad story. Joey and I have a blog too!

Dan & Heather Pelfrey said...

Bummer! You and your dang conscience! Always getting yourself out of fun things! tsk tsk tsk

Out of curiosity, who did the drawing?

Karamie Maynes said...

I'm so glad you found my blog-it's so fun to read yours! You look so great! What are you up to?!!! We're at USU still waiting for Neal to get done with school this May, Yay! And then we're off to somewhere, not sure where yet but away from here to better job options for Neal! Congrats on getting married soon and I can't say that I can help you with that brides-maid dress situation, it is always the hardest thing to find, almost harder than your dress-good luck and hope to here back from you soon:] Merry Christmas!!!