Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wedding Cake Design!

Call me a nerd all you want, but last night I designed my wedding cake in...AutoCad. Most people think of AutoCad merely as an architectural tool, but I also utilize it as a design tool! (I even designed part of my wedding thank you cards in AutoCad and then took it into illustrator to enhance the design and add more elements). So here is a quick glimpse at what our wedding cake will look like:
Keep in mind, the elevation view does not show the tiers on angle, because it could be confusion to the eye. Also, the cake will have rounded corners, I just forgot that detail when I rendered it. :)

This is a shameless plug now, but if you have a wedding in the future, my sister Rebecca makes fantastic cakes! She will be making our cake and I can't wait to this design come to life. Also, I may be offering design consultations in conjunction with her beautiful cakes in the future.

10 comments:

Karen said...

I love your cake...Im excited to have found your blog...I love to blog and im on here all the time...Im new to face book so im not on there to... i love blogging so much more...my mom told me you were in town but i had to work that night...congrats on getting married soon...tell your family hi from me...

KAren

John Kelly said...

definitely a nerd. i love you

Katie Rich said...

The cake design looks great! Are you going with the traditional white cake?

Burton Fam said...

i love love it! I am so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi girl! Thought I'd check in. Hope all is well (I can see it is). And yes, you're a nerd- embrace it.

KK said...

Absolutely not a nerd.

I dig your autocad cake.

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, it's your cousin (Andrea Maughan Netzley) Congrats on getting married. I just found you and Sarah's blogs. I love blogs I don't update my blog to often but I do read everyone elses all the time. I am excited to see updates from you it has been a long time, now maybe we can keep in touch a little more.
PS I see that Rebecca has a blog also but it is private. I would love to keep in contact with her as well. Maybe you could give her the link to my blog and then I could contact her. Take Care

Rebecca R. Farnsworth said...

Andrea and Karen. I can send you blog invites if you send me your email addresses. :)

-RRF

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Delete shis text plz. Sorry